(800) 715-6670 Office@catholicjourneys.com
(800) 715-6670 Office@catholicjourneys.com


FAQ for all Catholic Journeys Pilgrimage Tours


Will a priest be on our trip?

Yes, ALL pilgrimage tours have a Catholic priest as the Spiritual Director and daily mass.

Are your guides Catholic?

Our guides are Catholic, have perfect English, are professional, and are knowledgeable about the Faith and the destination.

Do you have a clergy discount if I purchase a trip for clergy or religious?

Yes, we will discount the fare by 20% if the priest is traveling as a pilgrim and not as a spiritual director.   The discount is valid on any regularly scheduled pilgrimage.  We will need to receive the Priest or deacon’s full name and a Letter of Good Standing.  The discount will be applied once the aforementioned is received and verified. The 20% discount is available to all Catholic Deacons, Brothers and Sisters, Priests, Monsignors, Bishops, and Cardinals.  His Holiness the Holy Father goes for free!  Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.

Can I use airline points?  What if I want to make my own flight arrangements?

Yes!  Contact Marcelle for “land-only” pricing and we will adjust your invoice/statement to the “land-only” price.  Some tours have “land-only” prices already posted.  Note that arrival times vary between dates and within pilgrimages.  If you make your own flight arrangements, we can arrange a private transfer from your arrival airport to the group hotel for an additional fee which varies per pilgrimage tour and is listed in the trip-specific FAQ.  Or you can make your own arrangements to travel from the airport to the hotel.  We recommend using our transfer service because they are known and trusted drivers.  As soon as you have your flight information, email Marcelle at marcelle@catholicjourneys.com.

What are the types of airfare classes?

All of our prices are for the economy-class of travel.  It is possible to upgrade.  The terms used today can be confusing, so here is a link that explains the different classes of service offered by the airlines.  If you want premium economy please email Marcelle.

Do you require travelers to be vaccinated?

No!  Catholic Journeys has no policy or requirements for vaccinations of any kind.  However, the airlines we use and the countries you visit may have requirements.  These requirements are constantly changing!!!!  Please check the requirements of the country you plan to visit.  Here is a link to the Centers for Disease Control for travelers.  Here is a link to the US Department of State for travel to different countries.

Should I get travel insurance?

We recommend travel insurance for all of our pilgrimage tours.  Currently, the State of Israel is requiring it.

Are there helpful pages from the airlines you use?  What should I expect when I fly?

We use a variety of airlines.  However, we use the following the most, and here are some helpful links.

United Airlines. As we often fly United to Europe, check out this very helpful page for restrictions, COVID, etc.

American Airlines We use American as well, and this page answers a lot of questions about International Travel.

Can I organize a pilgrimage tour for my parish, school, family, or group of friends?

Yes!  Click here for information on how to put together your own pilgrimage tour.

Tipping & Gratuities

Tips are not normally included in your package unless clearly specified. You may wish to leave a gratuity for your driver and for your tour escort at the end of each service performed. The recommended amount for the Driver is $5.00 USD per person, per day, and $10.00 USD per person for the Tour Guide. For our Holy Land Pilgrimage Tours, we suggest $8 for the driver and $15 for the guide per person per day.  You may also want to bring a few extra dollars to leave in the churches where you will be celebrating Mass and for any local guides, you may have for special city tours or museums and for the house staff when staying in Medjugorje.

How many pilgrims are on each tour?  What is the maximum number of pilgrims on your tours?

Our pilgrimage tours average about 15-20 pilgrims.  Every once in a while, our special tours can go up to 40 which would be one full deluxe air-conditioned motor coach.  If you would like an estimated number for a specific tour date, just contact Marcelle and she can tell you what to expect for a specific pilgrimage tour date.  You can email her, chat or call.

What should I pack?  Do you have a checklist?  Electrical adapter needed?

Please pack one checked bag, and a carry-on bag if needed.  Click here for a packing checklist and suggestions.

Can you accommodate special dietary needs?

Yes.  When filling out the guest details form online, let us know your dietary needs and allergies.  We will notify the airlines and the tour guide.  The local guide will inform the restaurants at the hotel and any others that are part of the pilgrimage tour.

Does the deluxe motor coach have a bathroom?  If not, will there be restroom stops?

Motor coaches rarely have bathrooms.  However, there will be bathroom breaks during the rides.

I am thinking of flying with a baby. What should I know?

Everyone needs a passport, and there is a charge for everyone flying.  The article below explains:

Flying Internationally with an Infant: The Complete Guide

I am a diabetic.  How do I travel with insulin?

Tips when traveling with insulin

What pilgrimage tours are the easiest in terms of walking?

Pilgrimage tours that have the least amount of walking include Medjugorje, Lourdes, and Our Lady of Guadalupe.  The aforementioned pilgrimage tours would be the easiest if someone has concerns about physical exertion and walking.  There is walking on all of our tours, but these would be the easiest.  If you are considering a pilgrimage tour with someone who has limited mobility, we suggest you investigate these travel scooters or these folding mobility scooters.

Is help available for someone with limited mobility?

Yes! If you have difficulty walking long distances, we can request wheelchair assistance for you to maneuver through the airports. If you need assistance while on pilgrimage, you can bring a collapsible wheelchair.   If wheelchair assistance is needed, you will need a travel companion to assist you, as the pilgrimage tour guide or priest cannot perform those tasks.  You also might consider these powered travel scooters or these folding mobility scooters.

I need to renew my passport.  What do I do?  Do I have enough time?

Here is a link to the webpage that outlines how to renew your passport.

If you are traveling within 5-7 weeks, then you should be able to pay the Expedite fee for the passport book, and send your completed application, old passport, new pictures, and payment via USPS Priority EXPRESS Mail, and include the additional charge for them to send it back via same.

Within 2 weeks of departure, you can contact the Passport Office to make an appointment in person.

  • Special Issuance Agency – Located in Washington, DC, this agency issues diplomatic, official, service, and no-fee regular passports, and facilitates visa processing for those traveling on behalf of the U.S. government. You will not be able to access this webpage if you’re not browsing the web on a U.S. government-issued computer or mobile device.

You can still register for the trip if you are applying for a new passport. Just take a picture of your current passport before you send it, and be sure to enter the name exactly as it appears in your passport: Given Name, Surname. If you have gotten married, or have changed your name since you received your last passport, you will need to include the new name that you are using to apply for the new passport.



Catholic Journeys – The only pilgrimage tour company 100% Catholic owned and operated with a priest on staff.